Monday, March 1, 2010

Long Time, No Blog!!

It has been a number of months since I've posted. Little Grant is growing up quickly, as well as the 2 older boys. Last month, we took the day and went to the Desert Museum here in Tucson. The kids love going there and seeing all the animals. Here is a hummingbird from the Hummingbird Exhibit. These things are amazing.
And who can forget the otters? These are definitely my favorite animals at any zoo! They're just full of energy and they love to do tricks and show off for all the people. It kind of reminds me of my attempts woo the ladies back in the day. Not many were impressed.
Now, this is one of the stranger animals, a two-headed desert tortoise!! These hideous heads frequently snap at each other, sometimes resulting in scuffed knees and hurt feelings. Ha ha. These are my 2 older boys, Logan and Adam, being posers for a picture.
Look at the camera, Logan!! Okay, so he's a little shy when he has tomato sauce all over his face. Aiden, my nephew, came with us that day too. He's never really one to be shy. Adam's having a good laugh, likely at Logan's expense.
There's a good smile. Logan really liked the dinosaurs and was engrossed by their illustrated history (not!!)
This is the cave portion of the museum. There's about a 50-75 foot artificial cave that you get to hike through. The kids really liked this part. Everything is almost light free (without the flash or course) in most of the cave.
Why yes, I do have some Grey Poupon. Could you tell by the way I was standing?
Every once in a while, Grant would get in on the action, but most of the time he was a good boy in his stroller. He's now military-crawling and standing against the couch. Man, he's growing up quickly!! He's kind of a mix between Adam and Logan. What do you think?
This is at Gates Pass. It is one of the few places in the Tucson area that you have an unobstructed view of the sunset. It is at the boundary of Tucson and the Saguaro National Park. Many people come here to watch the sunset, but we were there in the middle of the day, so no such luck.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Artificial, I thought the cave was real! Even though we live close this is how I know what's going on in your lives. Post more often! Love ya, Aunt Linda

Cherise said...

Your boys are getting so big! I never get to see them! Our boys would have so much fun together!! We need to go to the Desert Museum, I have never been. I am sure they would love it. ok, if you forgot... windows live writer. Love it. -I expect more posts now! :)